Monday 21 July 2014

Spotlight on my favourites: Beauty UK Pearl Eyeliners

Heya my beauties! Today I want to start with a new thread, that I was planning on starting for quite a while. I'm quite excited about it, to tell you the truth. :) I always love to read about your favourite product. I always learn about awesome products, usually if I try them out as well, they are really great and all in all it is a great system of letting each other know about the products that rock. 

As my make up collection expanded, I tried million things. Lots of them are already re-sold, since I didn't use them or I threw them away, since they were such a disappointment. But every once in a while I find a real gem. And it gets into my regular routine and it stays there. For years. My first thought, when I think about gems like that certainly are my Beauty UK Pearl Eyeliners



I discovered them on Nihrida's blog, she made this amazing post on them, including the video, where she put them on her skin and literally tried to rub them off and they didn't even smudge!! Needless to say I purchased them as soon as I had the money. And this was two years ago and I still use them almost every day. They are my go-to make up, when I do not have enough time for eyeshadows, I just do a line in a colour I feel like wearing that day and that's it.


The package is awesome, best looking eyeliners out there. If you think it is hence impractical, you are mistaken - the handle fits into your palm nicely. On this picture you can actually see how much I already used them, Rich mahogany is half full, same goes for Oceania, the other three are down to two thirds. 



They do not smudge in hot weather and I have quite oily eyelids. I do not need to use primer at all. Once they are dry on the eyelid, they won't go anywhere. In fact, if you have a bad make up remover, they will make you work in order to remove them. They are that good (my Bioderma micelar water removes them quickly though, without any tugging). 

The application is really easy, as their point is stiff and pointy enough that you can make a precise line. They are really well pigmented, the only one that demands a bit more attention and perhaps three swipes on the eyes is the turquoise Oceania. Of course that is also my favourite, as I have brown eyes, the contrast they make together is quite nice. :)

When it comes to pigmentation, Rich Mahogany rules the set. One swipe is enough with it, dead easy to apply and a true rich brown, it looks amazing for everyday make up, alone or with eyeshadow.
Eclipse is a really nicely pigmented sparkly black, not a true black, it feels like a night sky, not pitch black and full of stars. Sorceress is a rich dark purple and Purple Haze a rich bright purple, and also my second favourite. They are both fairly nicely pigmented, the line is full with two swipes. 

On sunlight:
 In shade:


I usually pick Rich Mahogany for more subtle make up, and the rest for just about anytime I can. I love the set. The only real question now is, why on Earth haven't I purchased Blue Oceania yet! I need it in my stash ASAP. The other two colours are silver Stardust and gold Sphyx, but those two I really shan't use anytime, not really my colours, I think. Although I can imagine you can do wonders with a silver one. I just might buy it, these eyeliners are worth every penny.

And you would think they are expensive, since they are so good, but they are really cheap. I bought them back then at licila.si, now the price for one is 5,95€. At Beauty UK official site they cost £3.49. Either way - a total bargain, especially when you think I use them practically every day for two years now and they are still at least half full. If you are in search for a good eyeliner, I recommend you look them up. 


What is your favourite eyeliner? 

Thank you for reading and commenting!

6 comments:

  1. krasno izgledaju, moram si nabaviti koji :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da, stvarno su odlični, preporučujem. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oceania je tudi moja najljubša, čeprav je daleč najbolj muhasta od vseh, v bistvu edina, za katero bi rekla, da ima težaven nanos. Ampak je vredno. :D

      Delete
  3. sjecam se nihridinog posta :D ne znam zasto ih jos nisam uzela zaboravih na njih, mislim da bi mogla uzet crni iako i plavi i ljubicasti su krasni :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crni je odličan, izdrži cjelu noč, uključujoči gužvu i vročinu koncerta. :)

      Delete