Saturday 13 April 2013

Answers to random questions (a tag)

As I sit in front of the computer at around 4 o'clock in the morning, not one bit sleepy, I tend to do not such productive things. Like eating. Or thinking about worst case scenarios about everything. Or reading 9gag. Or watching series that should have ended about 3 seasons ago, when they were still beyond awesome. Yeah. Not very productive. And yet not sleepy! I have become a frakking owl again. Which isn't so bad, to tell you the truth, since my study period will begin a week ago soon, but I tend to ignore that for a while every year, just so the shit hits the fan and I have to study my eyeballs out. :) 

Anyway, to today's point ... Nail crazy is a wonderful blog, owned by one of the kindest bloggers that always makes me smile with her comments. Her nail polish creations are wonderful and I actually have many manicures made by her in my 'to recreate' folder. If there is any chance you do not know Žana's blog yet, RUN! Shhh, no talk, just click: Nail crazy! You shan't regret it, I promise. In one of her latest posts, she did a tag that I thought is quite fun: The Beauty Blogger Tag Questionnaire and I decided I will answer it, in the productive phase of 4-5 a.m.. :)


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It is naturally more curly than not, but it got nicely curly when my hair reached the middle of my back, before it was very Hermione-ish (and that sounds much cooler than it was).

2. What is your natural hair colour?
Medium brown, not a huge fan of it.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?

I stopped dying my hair a couple of years ago, I grew sick of it after 5 years of constantly changing my hair colour. I went from red to purple to black, back to bright red ... I still get the urge to colour my hair, but the chosen colour is a very strong red and you can't get rid of red pigment until you cut it off so I do not do it.
 
4. Do you wear the same style every day or do you change it?
My style is pretty consistent, yes.
 
5. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do it myself, I go a bit Sheldon when it comes to salons regarding hygiene standards and I do not trust them with my nails. 

6. How often do you change your nail polish?
Lately once a week, unless I get sick of the colour. I went almost entire March without polish, I was so busy. But the phase of changing it every day has passed, I usually change it now every 4 days or so.

7. Do you polish your toes in winter or just in the summer?
Just in the summer, although I always want to have them painted during winter. But as much as I love to polish my finger nails, I *hate* to polish my toes.

8. How long does it take for you to put on your make-up?
Depends on what type of make-up it is. From 5 minutes to 30 minutes.

9. What do you do first, face or eyes?
Eyes, I usually put colourful eyeshadow on, and I want to check for  fall-out on my cheeks before I put foundation on.

10. Do you collect make-up or just buy what you need when you need it?
Hm ... I do not buy only what I need, but I try to keep it a range where everything is still used on relatively regular basis. In make up I succeeded to reach that standard (with a sale or two), but nail polish is all over the place. ;)

11. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Only for dance productions and photo shootings (if the latter will occur again anytime in the future). Which essentially means once a year.

12. Do you do a full face of make-up every day?
Not every day. Whenever I feel like doing it and if I have the time. I really like doing it, it is fun.

13. Do you wear make-up when you are home alone or with family?
No, not really. Unless I feel like playing with the colours and trying out new combinations.

14. Will you leave the house without make-up?
If I need to for the lack of time, or if I am too tired to put it on, of course. I do not dread walking around without make up, I just prefer not to. :)

15. How many high-end products do you have?
Define the border of high end for me. :) I have a Dior and Yves Saint Laurent lipstick, I got both as a gift. The rest is middle range, if I remember my definitions correctly (MAC, ArtDeco ...).

16. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I decide when I am getting dressed. I can change my mind a couple of times too. Very time consuming sometimes.

17. How often do you change your handbag?

I seriously lack good handbags. I have only one, so I do not change it at all. I want to get at least two more, but I always demand too much stuff from one bag. Large, but not too large, roomy, but not an abyss, black, but not boring and yet with no blingy accessories, ... see?

18. What time do you get up and go to sleep?
Oh man ... I usually go to sleep between 3 and 4 a.m, if I'm not doing some sort of movie marathon. I get up around noon.
 
19. Do you work out? How often?
Yes, although due to the competition I've just ended with, my work out schedule has suffered significantly. Now I am getting back on track. Once a week dance lesson and 2-3 times a week work out at home or outside.

20. Left-handed or right-handed?
Right-handed.

21. How tall are you?
170 cm.

22. Do you speak a foreign language?

Well, I can say I speak rather good English and German, kind of good Croatian (or Bosnian rather, I have forgotten a lot, but I can easily communicate with our southern Slavic brethren :)),  and I understand Spanish. I do not have the confidence to actually speak it without a disclaimer to the other Spanish speaking person that I do really suck at Spanish, since I've forgotten a lot and did not know much to begin with. The last time I've spoken to a Mexican person, he spoke in Spanish and I answered in English, it was fun. :)

23. How many pets do you have?
Alas, none. I would love to have one, but my father does not allow animals in the house. I would love to have a dog, or a cat. Or a rabbit. Or a hedgehog! Huge fan of those little creatures. :) Or a cool bird, love them too.

24. How often are you on Blogger?
Depends on how busy I am. From 5 times a week to five times a month.

25. Do you read comments on blogs?
Yes, I do, on my blog, of course, but also on others, if there are not too many.

26. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Not in the sense of wish list, I gave up on them long time ago. But if there is a certain product that really catches my eye I remember it and try to find it in our stores (or when I'm abroad).

27. How did you come up with your blog name?
No idea. I remember struggling with the name, nothing came to mind and I wished to avoid all the typical names for nail polish blog back then. And then I thought of a nail polish junkie, sitting in a cafe, hearing someone at the next table mentioning a nail polish, but not understanding what it was about, getting up, the entire cafe goes silent and she says, with the look of a complete focus on her face: Did someone just say nail polish?
I do wish I would have chosen a shorter name, sometimes.

28. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
In short, a shitty one. A Practica 750Z. I hate it with great passion ATM, the cover for the batteries keeps opening up when I try to take photos, making the camera instantly drop dead, not saving the last picture. But also in general, it is not really a camera to brag with.

29. How often do you clean your house?

When I deem it necessary.

30. What is your favourite colour?

Green. With black still being the strongest colour  in my closet.

31. Do you swear?
Yes, some people think quite a lot, but I disagree. You have not hear my mother during a football match. That is a lot of swearing, I am a fluffy bunny.

32. What are you doing with the rest of your day?

Well, I'll try and catch a few hours of sleep. Then the store (Saturday is our food shopping day), then some work out and then hopefully I get to see my BF after almost a week of his illness.

If you actually read this, you are tagged! Write it in the comments if you don't feel like doing a blog post!

Thank you for reading! 

4 comments:

  1. hvala ti na tako lijepim riječima, sad mi je čak malo neugodno :D
    lol, umrla sam od smijeha na račun mame i utakmica, ali razumijem ja to, desi se i meni ;)
    baš mi je drago da si i ti ovo napravila, bilo je zanimljivo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love tags :D such a fun read :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read point 17 I thought it was me writing. Exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ovo je bilo zanimljivo za procitat :) Neki dan sam napravila jedan tag , ali razmisljam da bi mogla i ovaj, iako nisam bas previse od tih tag postova

    ReplyDelete