Tuesday 24 January 2012

L.A. Girl Rockstar and Heavy Metal

Hey lovely people. How are you doing? Hope all is well and that you like the polish on your nails. I changed it half an hour ago, because I disliked yesterday's colour so much. That rarely happens.

Today I have two colours for you. Remember how long my L.A. Girl WL got a few months ago? Well, I shortened it a little bit. :) These two are both from their Rock star line, one being Rockstar and the other Heavy Metal (which I'd love totally for the name only, even if the colour wouldn't rock).




First Rockstar. Although it looks like an insane duochrome in the bottle, i knew I can't expect that on the nails, from swatches and all. So I wasn't disappointed in that and I actually seriously adored this on my nails. I *love* blacks with a twist. This is basically a black polish with duochromy particles in it. Love!! Three coats, much better application than on the Color Addict line.



Heavy Metal. Basically a black, with tons of shimmer, making it silvery-black. The thing is, the shimmer is quite colourful, as you can see if you enlarge the last picture of it. That's what makes me love this polish. It's actually more complex than it looks when you only glance upon it. In general you probably noticed already I'm a fan of shades like this so I really enjoyed wearing it. Two easy coats, wonderful application.

Hmm ... I just noticed, whenever I show you more polish in one post, there is a set of longer nails and then a set of shorter nails, hehe. The nail lenght on Rockstar is insane. I haven't had my nails that long in months now. I actually enjoy having nails shorter. I just don't like them breaking all the time.

So! Any thoughts on these two? Do you have any shades from Rock star line?

Thank you for reading!

16 comments:

  1. I love almost all polishes from that collection that I've tried so far! Unfortunately for me, I don't have Rockstar yet, but I'll definitely get it as soon as I can muster out an order from CC again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rockstar. Just don't expect the duochrome you'll see in the bottle, or you will be disappointed. :)

      Delete
  2. Rockstar je krasan, tako zanimljiv! Podsjeća me na Undead od Essence samo u ovom šljokice više dolaze do izražaja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma da, svi ovi crni sa nekimi dodatci su fenomenalni. :)

      Delete
  3. krasni su oba, možda bih ja radije nosila prvog... ma ni drugog ne bi odbila ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shades, especially Rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving both of these-never tried this brand before-but it looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only recommend it. It's great. Sometimes the brush is a bit fussy (Color Addict line was for me), but the colours are totally worth it. :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! I really love the way Rockstar looks, black with a twist is one of my favorite colors ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice swatches! The names are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rockstar super izgleda, ova kolekcija mi ima super lakove, ali vrijeme susenja i nije bas najsjajnije po mom iskustvu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ja šmrcam za ovako lijepim noktićima jer su mi uvijek skroooz kratki i ne izdrže često mijenjanje laka, uvijek pucaju i listaju se

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I need to pick these up ASAP.

    ReplyDelete