Thursday 10 November 2011

Essie - School of Hard Rocks

Heya ladies (and gentlemen, of course)! I'm going to be quick today, don't have much time, but I need to show you this one!! Not because you wouldn't see it before but because I'm completely in love with this colour. I think I'm wearing it now (with an extra bling, sure, but still) for the fourth or even fifth day. Which is like ... since beginning of time for me. This is the best colour Essie has ever done IMHO. It's beyond perfect. Kris seriously rocks for sending me this one. I think I say this for every second polish I show you, since every second polish I show you is from her package ... basically she nails my colours real bad. :)

School of Hard Rocks




I freakishly adore this colour for it's dustiness. Look at it! The dusty factor and the richness of the colour remind me of Angora Cardi. Sure, that one is purple, but also one of the best purples I own, precisely because of the dustiness the colour has. School of Hard Rocks is amazing, seriously gorgeous teal. I needed only two coats, it applied wonderfully (remember my theory on Essie being for shorter nails?). The formula was a bit on the watery side, but I prefer them that way. No complaints, it behaved beautifully. 
School of Hard Rocks is otherwise from Essie Cocktail Bling collection for Winter 2011. I dare say it's the star of the collection, but I'm not sure, there wasn't much vibe around the collection in general to get the right feeling. Still, I think fans of good cremes should check it out.

Oh yes, this is how short my nails are right now. I kinda like it, but i don't like how they hurt where they've broken. Oh well. I'll live. :) 

What do you think? Fan of teal? Did you get any colours from this collection?

Thank you for reading!

17 comments:

  1. I really like this color a lot. I am a sucker for blues. I bought CQ Corduroy recently because it looked dupe-ish to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGGG I LOVE THIS but here i cant get assie :((

    ReplyDelete
  3. volim tirkiznu svakako iako i na ovo mi je nekako prva impresija vec vidjeno

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color pulls so differently on everyone I am still doubting wether to get it or not.. I love it when it is teal like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this and absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really a teal fan myself, sam tale reč je pa všečna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one on you! Have been thinking about getting it, but it sill hasn't won me over. I think it's due to lack of funds, LOL! ;)

    Btw, you really rock short nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! It's a pretty color and I think it looks great on you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love darker shades but always stray away from them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love SoHR! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great color!! :) totally going on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one too....it is most definitely in my top 5 favorite polishes ever....EVER! There's just something so awesome about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, ladies, for your lovely compliments! :)

    ReplyDelete