Wednesday 26 January 2011

Lumene - Trouble Maker (33)

Hey everybody! How are you doing? I hope everybody is ok, I'm going through my study literature but wanted to take a break and post something. A lot of stuff going on on nail blogosphere, I saw promo pictures of Nubar Spring collection, first swatches of Orly Precious is out, Essence is doing holographic polish (at least I hope they will be holograpic and not that white-blue crap they claimed to be holo in Black&White collection) and many more I'd like to chat about but don't have the time. Sucks, doesn't it? 

But to the polish I want to show you. It's the other from the two Lumenes I got as a gift from Finland, this one chosen by Aelfsciene and I must say, it surprised me greatly. I mean it. One of the most special polish I've ever wore. I still can't figure out what colour I'd call it. Trouble Maker, sunlight pictures, lightbox, natural light and a video. Let's go.


 To show you all the colours of sparkles this one contains.

 Natural lighting, this is how it looks most of the time, but with visible sparkles.

 A really huge picture, to show you the details on natural light. I don't even hold the bottle, lol.

Ok, please, please ignore the major fail of scotch tape design I tried to do and just enlarge the picture to see the details of this polish, that is visible with naked eye on most of lighting but on the pictures it came out best in the lightbox.


A not so good video, but you can still see the sparkles.

I tried to figure out this colour and could not. It changes depending on the lighting and so is the amount of micro glitter that is visible to the naked eye. Sometimes it's goldish brown, sometimes it's dirty silver and sometimes just something in between. The glitter it contains is of gold, bright green, copper, blue also purple colour. Tons of it, but visible in that kind of way that makes you stare at your nails moving them slowly.  This colour is so brilliant, I cannot tell you. Mesmerizing. 
The structure of the polish is the same as it is with Cosmic FX collection, actually it reminded me greatly of Space Cadet alone, being so sheer as the Orly masterpiece. On the picture I'm wearing 4 coats of Trouble Maker, the same as i need with Space Cadet. You can get away with three, but you'll have VNL, and I prefer to put 4th coat on instead of seeing my nails under the polish. SV on top, of course. The brush was great, as it was with Cosmic girl, again a surprise, being so short and flat, but it really is no trouble at all. 

I tried to get Lumene's description of the colour, but they aren't really chatty on their official site. Trouble Maker is a part of Natural Code Punk Princess Trend Collection for Fall 2010, and Finnish blogger said it seemed from the bottle as a decent dupe of Hard Candy Mr. Wrong (Scrangie's swatches of the Hard Candy Collection). Seeing the swatches of Mr. Wrong and wearing Trouble Maker I must say they're certainly not dupes, but are related. They're built the same way, although Mr. Wrong is much more silver and blue, and Trouble Maker remains most of the time this soft brownish copper metallic kind of colour. Like I said, I can't figure it out.
This colour is a beautiful mystery for me, I can't figure out where to put it, and it's built on so many different levels with micro glitter and different tones of colours in different lighting, you feel like you're not wearing just one polish on the nails, although it's not a duo/multichrome. I wore it for three days, and I would the fourth, haven't I screwed it up with failed edgy half moon manicure I tried to do from Chloe's Nails. :/ It really came out wrong, lol, I can't believe I'm posting it. But this lightbox picture really reveals lots of Trouble Maker details. 

Oh, and Trouble Maker lives up to it's name when removing. Remember removal of Cosmic collection? Same stuff aaaall over again. But gotta love the colour. Thanks, Aelfsciene, great one!

What do you think? Do you find it as unique as I do?

Thank you for reading & take care!

13 comments:

  1. Gosh, this colour is amazing! I love that you take pics in different light, it really shows the potential of the polish/effect :) And I don't think you failed the scotch tape manicure, it looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chique! And yeah, it's quite unique I guess.. Did I already told you your nails are absolutely gorgeous? Well, they are! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!! lovely color!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shimmer and the metallic look of this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stvarno je poseban ovaj lak i mene je malo podsjetio na Mr.Wrong, imaju neke sličnosti ali ne bi rekla da su isti.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zelo lep odtenek in lušten nail art. ;) Lak me po fotkah niti ne spomni na Mr. Wrong-a. Hmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful this color .
    I loved your blog, it's wonderful!
    Forgive me any mistake, use Google translator.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color! I'm a new follower...
    Greetings from Barcelona ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me res veseli, da ti je lak vsec. Sem bila malo zivcna - nisem nasla nic zelenega, pa nisem hotela nosit necesa, kar meni ne bi bilo vsec ... Samo damn it, meni je izgledal siv (ter zato zanimiv :D). Kasne luci so to imeli tam v stacuni? :o

    ReplyDelete